Films on Gallipoli and WWI Turkey

demir

Hello,

Please add the films you know about Gallipoli and WWI Turkey. Please indicate it, if it is documentary.

Let me start with:

TELL ENGLAND

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk liked the film when he saw it on 22.1.1932.

Tell England – 1931 | 80mins | War | B&W Plot Synopsis

http://www.britmovie...ll-England_1931

Edgar Doe and Rupert Ray, boyhood friends, enlist in the British army at the outbreak of war in 1914. Both receive commissions and are sent eventually as part of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force to Gallipoli The horrors of war begin slowly to damp their romantic enthusiasm, and Doe, the more idealistic and sensitive of the two is nerve racked by months of inactivity and then by the cruel slaughter of his men by a Turkish trench mortar. He quarrels with Ray (a young, inarticulate Englishman) who has been promoted to captain, and breaks down; he regains self-confidence on learning that he has been chosen to lead a raid on the Turkish trenches.

Doe goes over the top, is seriously wounded, but manages single-handed to put the trench mortar post out of action. Soon after his death, the British withdraw from Gallipoli. The expedition has been a military blunder and only the scores of English graves left behind commemorate a tragic campaign.

Excerpt© ‘Puffin Asquith’ by R.J. Minney.

Production Team

Anthony Asquith: director
Geoffrey Barkas: director
Arthur Woods: Art Direction
Teddy Baird: Asst Director
Jack Parker: Cinematography
James Rogers: Cinematography
Stanley Rodwell: Cinematography
Mary Field: Editing
H Bruce Woolfe: Producer
Anthony Asquith: Script
Victor Peers: Sound

Cast

Carl Harbord: Edgar Doe
Tony Bruce: Rupert Ray
Fay Compton: Mrs Doe
Dennis Hoey: The Padre
CM Hallard: The Colonel
Frederick Lloyd: Captain Hardy
Gerald Rawlinson: Lieut Doon
Lionel Hedges: Sims
Sam Wilkinson: Booth
Wally Patch: Sgt Instructor

Edited by demir

Gallipoli (1981)

Ratings: 7.6/10 from 24,366 users Metascore: 65/100

Reviews: 108 user | 37 critic | 6 from Metacritic.com

Two Australian sprinters face the brutal realities of war when they are sent to fight in the Gallipoli campaign in Turkey during World War I.

Director: Peter Weir
Writers: Peter Weir (story), David Williamson (screenplay),1 more credit »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082432/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Revealing Gallipoli (2005)
TV Movie - 90 min - Documentary | War - 25 April 2005 (Australia

Ratings: 7.9/10 from 21 users

Reviews: 2 user

Canakkale war details in 1915.

Stars: Storyline

An award-winning, in-depth look at what happened on Australia's most revered place of battle. Revealing Gallipoli tells the many remarkable stories of hardship and survival from several different perspectives, taking into account the circumstances and revealing the brutality of warfare.Three engaging presenters, Australian Dr. Peter Stanley,Turk Savas Karakas, and Irishman Prof. Keith Jeffrey roam the battlefields and detail the stories from the places where the decisions were made and the battles took place. With the use of unique three-dimensional photography and maps,listening to vivid accounts of the young men who fought there, Revealing Gallipoli brings the battle alive from each perspective in an effort to fully understand the conflict. Comprehensively documenting the campaign at Gallipoli during the First World War, Revealing Galliploi investigates the very beginnings at the War Council of London, through to the ensuing naval attack, the many subsequent landings and ultimately ... Written by Myrna Weber

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0867192/?ref_=fn_al_tt_10

Gelibolu

Gallipoli

Documentary from Tolga Örnek

110 minutes, languages turkish and english

"The Gallipoli Campaign is one of the fiercest and most co ntroversial battles of World War I. Produced in six years in seven different countries and narrated by Jeremy Irons with Sam Neill, "Gallipoli" is the story of ordinary men, who were forced by history to do extraordinary things."

• 1 year later...

The Water Diviner (2014)
R  |  111 min  |  Drama, War  |  26 December 2014 (Australia)

An Australian man travels to Turkey after the Battle of Gallipoli to try and locate his three missing sons.

Director: Russell Crowe
Writers: Andrew Knight, Andrew Anastasios
Stars: Russell Crowe, Olga Kurylenko, Jai Courtney 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3007512/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Edited by paja