News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

my italian medal and insignia display.

Metal? 99% after WW2. I'm not an expert in this field, but the paratroops use a parachute since 1970, more or less, before that year they had a gold wing with a sword, like your. The pale blue background is normal for the paras, while the white with a red line in the middle was the collar tab of the "Bologna" division. I can't explain how these simbols are mixed together, may be I can ask in an Italian forum. Could you post a bigger picture of the tabs?

Hey rich. I'm going to agree with Claudio on this. The medal insignia are post WW2. And yes claudio, here are the close ups. Is it possible that a parratroop division is based out of bolonga?

20140307_125543_zpsoecljyo2.jpg

20140307_125617_zpszlfxknij.jpg

The Guardia di Finanza collar tabs are still in use. We call them "fiamme" (flames) due to their shape. "Fiamme gialle" (yellow flames) is another name for the Guardia di Finanza.

Well, now i place a question in an Italian forum about the paras tabs. Stay tuned.

Well, I got the answer. Not a para badge, just a strange mix of Italian Army story.

In that years the old regiment-division structure was changing in battalion-brigade-division.

The old "Folgore" paratroop division does not exist any more, it is an ordinary army division, still using the old tab (sword, gold wing, blue background).

The 40th brigade "Trieste" is part of the "Folgore"

The 40th regiment "Bologna" (tabs: red line over white background) is changed in 40th battalion "Bologna" and becomes part of the "Trieste" brigade; its tabs become a mix of the old regiment and the new division structure, thus creating yours.

Please note that the geographic references are not necessarily linked to the placing of the unit in the chart. For example, the brigade "Sassari" (the famous "Dimonios!" brigade) was and still is strongly linked to the Sardinia, having Sassari one of the main cities of Sardinia. On the other hand, the "Torino" division (81° and 82° regiment) during WW2 were recruited in the Rome area (I'm sure of it, since my father was in 81° rgt in 1942)

Hey Herman! Sadly the Adriti Cross is a collectors copy. But its a nice filler until I find the real thing. As for who and why it was awarded, the Adriti were Italy's storm troopers in ww1. The they primarily used knives and grenades. They had machine guns but only used them as a retreating tactic. Thier are three varients of the cross. Mine is a copy of the version made in the 80s commemorating adriti from both world wars.

Hey Rich. Be very careful with these. There are many varient of fakes running around on the market. The varient I have are a subject of debate for many years. Some collectors feel that they are german made (incorrect). And others feel that they are down right fakes due to the rounded wing tips and fat neck. But there is an active axis military collector that openly defends thier origionality on his website. Thier is a great website that shows you what real and fake italian ss insignia looks like, if you would like ill pm it to you.

I'm always a fan of wired bullion insignia. Very nice Rich.

Sotnds like the site that belongs to Dennis. He does Italian SS and Italian Social Republic.I showed him my R.S.I. Gruppo Faggioni badge and was asked if I wanted to sell it. Rich A on Pa.