News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A friend showed this picture of a Saxon senior NCO and wanted info on him. Looking at the litzen, I presumed he was with LGR 100 or GR 101 and looked for any association for those regiments to have fought with the Turks. From what I could determine, Res IR 101 was part of the 219 ID in Macedonia and Serbia in 1918; nothing else I looked up seems to fit. Hopefully, I'm in the ball park, or can be "set straight" which regiment he was with and perhaps even identify him. BTW, aside from the Turkish War Medal, I see one other Turkish medal, an EK1, a fairly sustantial ribbon bar (I would presume the first ribbon would be an Albert bravery medal) and a breast badge that can't quite be seen on his left side (most likely a wound badge). Thanks

Dave

Hmmm. I thought about that, but I had never seen a Ottoman Pilots badge by itself (not in conjuntion with a German pilot or observer badge) on a German uniform. The photo is from Grimma, Saxony and his cap cockade seems to confirm he was a Saxon. Now that the litzen seems to indicate a flieger uniform, is there a possibily this NCO could be identified?