News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HELP NEEDED TIN OF WW2 PICK UPS

Dear Forum

Apologies WW2 Third reich is not my collecting sphere at all so I have no idea whatsoever I have here. I have acquired a ww2 British medal group with over 100 photographs then I discovered a little pouch containing these! They must be his pick ups can anyone confirm they are original and exactly what they are? A rough value in pounds or dollars would be fine ;)

I dont think they have been added in as I would have paid what I did just for the photographs the medals and 3rd reich bits are freebies!

DSC_0004_zpswjdrxieh.jpg

DSC_0004_zpswjdrxieh.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsu4jrpkdo.jpg

DSC_0008_zpswdkwuqea.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsbf5yri1z.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsfzge53bx.jpg

DSC_0009_zps0neti2oa.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help advice!

Social welfare medal looks like a zinc one, party badge, Police eagle and the oakleave tin thing looks more like a civilian type badge due to the pin used but resembles the Jager badge that mountain troops would wear on the side of their hats.

Jock :)

I can't comment on most of the pieces as they are not my area, however the enamel badge is a party membership badge. The RZM 9 markings show that it was manufactured by Robert Hauschild of Pforzheim.

A nice little pick up.

Cheers

Don

I can't comment on most of the pieces as they are not my area, however the enamel badge is a party membership badge. The RZM 9 markings show that it was manufactured by Robert Hauschild of Pforzheim.

A nice little pick up.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don

that is most helpful :D

I thought it was the 'social welfare medal' on the reverse it should say 'Medaille fur deutsche Volksplege' and is seperate to Red cross service awards, at least it says so In the Neimans book p292 - p295 ish of volume 3? The second class in that series is a pinback award the medal shown is the last in line and came with and without swords. Swords being attached to the ribbon. I don't have any with swords, I have only seen tham as above.