News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial EK, wartime or post war produced ?

Gentlemen,my first post here,...this veterans post WW2 replacement two piece medal bar, featuring an Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse and Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für treue Dienste, probably made some time between the early 1950's to the mid 1960's.....it is unusual in that it retains its Schinkel form EK as most examples of the post war period Imperial EK's are based on the larger WW2 cross, I have a first class example in this form.

St u L, and it is believed others did a range of Imperial awards for veterans during the 1950's-60's.

This displays nicely alongside my other St u L post war Imperial awards, my PLM & EK I.

Comments please.........................

It has been suggested that the EK II on this bar is WW2 made Deumer and not a post war EK....can you or some one here comment on this revelation ? I know little about Third Reich Iron Crosses.

Thanks in advance for any forth coming information.

Prost ! Steve

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7645-0-85681200-1396301069.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7645-0-54055100-1396301090.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7645-0-36121100-1396301106.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7645-0-06509600-1396301130.jpg

Edited by SteveL

Steve,

Have you asked on WAF or WRF as a lot of the mainstreem folk there may be able to help.

For my ten bob if it were put together post WW2 then it should be post war but as you know there are still lots of parts out there to this day that were war time produced and this (WW1) of course was not verboten and could be recycled if it were an interwar piece, looks a bit shiny but if you were selling these as new you may also refurbish them before selling, who knows? Hope you find out!

Jock :)

Thanks for your reply Jock ! i got results from both enquiries at WAF and WRF, It would appear to be a wartime made Deumer EK II and the other medal the Schaumburg-Lippe kreuz, is a St u L post war made piece, most probably from the 57er period, the veteran has had a mixture assembled into his medal bar !

Prost ! Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve,

Given it is a wartime medal are you entirely happy with the finish? Do you consider it possible that the silver and black finish have been 'tarted up' post war? Not to decive in any way as there would have been tons of these available, just from a retail point of view you would want both products to be shiny? Just a though as it looks a bit artificial in finish, might just be me or the picture. Perhaps next to a period one not post war mounted it will be identical in which case I am wrong in my thoughts. I am not trying to detract from the group I love it as is, I have sold/swapped a lot of 57 stuff I now wish I had kept as it is all part of the continuing history, oh well, hindsight is always the best.

Regards

Steve,

Given it is a wartime medal are you entirely happy with the finish?

Hi,

sorry, over looked this. I could not have identified the maker, but it looks to be a nice WW2 example, I think many still have a finish like this.

What I do find very unusual... why on earth is there no Ehrenkreuz on the bar if WW2 mounted?

What I do find very unusual... why on earth is there no Ehrenkreuz on the bar if WW2 mounted?

WW2 after 57?

Schaumburg-Lippe kreuz, is a St u L post war made piece, most probably from the 57er period, the veteran has had a mixture assembled into his medal bar !