News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spasm

Pete

Looks like a good thing. Didn't know that the ol' commonwealth were doing the same.

From the British Legion:

When Gemma from the West Midlands visited the CWGC Tyne Cot Cemetery in Belgium with her local Explorer Scout Unit, she wrote to us: “I know that not everyone can be remembered as individuals, but I felt it was a shame for some people to have dozens of poppies and crosses while others had no one left to remember them.”

I haven't received any details yet but given the histories that some of our members have collected and having those sorted, stored and available on t'tinternet can only be good for future generations' interest and knowledge.

Imagine if we had those sort of details available from several hundred years ago.

On a related note, I think, there is a Canadian artist/writer/actor chap who has begun a project to remember ALL the dead of World war One as well.

Years ago he had the names of all 67,000 of Canada's First war dead projected on the side of Canada House in Trafalgar Square over a 7 night period. Her Majesty was present for the first night. He has done this in other places and the current plan is to compile and display the names of the soldiesr of all the belligerent powers who wish to participate. It looks as if he may lose the Russians over the Crimean mess - apparently Putin was very bullish on the project but he has recruited 26 nations thus far.

Details of the project are available here: http://theworldremembers.ca/about-the-world-remembers/