Unknown Medal

Does anyone have a clue what this is? It has an anchor on the medallion, but I don't think it has anything to do with the navy or military. It has a bar on top that has "CH&P" on it, but I can't find a US railroad with those initials. It has a Latin script and crossed keys on it, but I don't think it has anything to do with religion either. The reverse is blank, and there are no hallmarks to be found anywhere. It's gross weight is just over 46 grams, and the medallion is about 53mm in diameter. It's silver gilt, and I believe the metal it's made from is either brass or tombek. If anyone has a clue what this is, I'd certainly like to know. Thank you for your help concerning this matter.

Edited by Obergefreiter

It looks like a masonic "order" of some kind. In the UK tere were many like these.

The letters A O U W could indicate Ancient Order (of) U... Workers.

CH & P is probably a function within the Order (Chairman & President?)

The anchor indicates a naval or shipping connection.

Is this enough for you to start from?

Ancient Order of United Workmen

The American fraternal benefit network began with the organization the AOUW in Meadville, Pennsylvania on October 27, 1868.

The emblems and symbols used by the AOUW are steeped in Masonic attributes, featuring the All-Seeing Eye, the Holy Bible, Anchor and Square and Compasses, over which the motto "Charity, Hope and Protection" are displayed.

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/fraternalism/aouw.htm

There are images of similar badges on the above link.

I am sure you will find more with an expanded Google search. (I simply googled "AOUW cross keys" ad found all of the above.)