News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A very interesting collection

Harvey

These were brought back by a friend's father, who was a medic with 10th Army on Okinawa.

I'm particularly interested in any information y'all can provide on the unusual medal/ribbon bars - I've never seen anything like them before. Also, if anyone is able to translate the kanji on the flags I would be most appreciative.

-Dave Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, JX -

How can you tell that the ribbon bars are artificially created?

I'm also curious about the patches in the lower left-hand corner. Some look like Imperial Army ratings, and others look like collar tabs, but with 5 gold or silver overlapped stars. Any information you could provide about these (or any other) objects would be most helpful. I can post better pictures if that would help...

• 8 months later...

Harvey many of the patches have added stars. Seen this before many times. Added by G.I.s I see two navy winter round ratings ( red on blue) crossed anchors, bottom left are collar tabs for civilians employed by army, then navy peak cap insignias. PM me or email me & I can identify all others.