News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Double barreled flare gun FL 24485 Relic

Jock Auld

Guys,

Went out to play today, again very late, only a few pictures as i would expect at about 1100 local time, then I found a lucky penny and this?!

It appears to be shrapnel damaged on the R/H side it is from a mechanical point of view rusted solid so the hammers don't work, the aluminium parts are fine though except for the locking catch which is sheered off.

I don't have one of these and it is original so I took the plunge!

Jock :)

I don't have one of these and it is original so I took the plunge!

What, the plunge into the skip to get it out or did you actually buy it :) Either way Jock it's a nice find.

I saw a WWI flare gun in France years and years ago at a market, ground dug and you could still cock it but I pondered too long and someone else bought it. I'm still kicking myself.

Tony

Paul, no, it is rusted up and the locking catch is sheered off too, it is sadly just a relic. You can see from the nuts and bolts that it is not coming apart without a drill, best left as is I think?