News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some holsters from the BRD

Gentlemen,

Been a while since I have done a post so time to get back to it with some short notes on holsters used in the BRD. I'd like to start with the first holster used by the BW. The BGS, police (in the American sector) and BW in its early days, were issued American surplus firearms. Most common in the BW was the M1911 colt handgun. They came with the brown leather holster used by American forces during WWII. Some pictures of the type, and markings that could be found on this type of holster.

The soldiers in the photo wear the first issue camouflage uniforms and the early issue boots.

Edited by Gordon Craig

As each state controlled police forces within their border a number of different ways of carrying a pistol existed. Some states carried the holster on a belt of shoulder strap inside the tunic. The holster was suspended outside the tunic through a slit inside the flap of the right hip pocket of the four pocket tunic. The picture below shows the over the should belt used with this type of holster.

Regards,

Gordon