News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Australia National Police Service Medal

Eligibility for this medal has been changed as follows:

I am delighted to announce Her Majesty The Queen has agreed to my recommendation to extend the eligibility for the National Police Service Medal to recognise service on or after 14 February 1975, the date on which the Australian Honours system was established. This will extend eligibility for the National Police Service Medal to an estimated 20,000 former police officers. The National Police Service Medal recognises the special status that sworn police officers have because of their role protecting the community. The National Police Service Medal was established in 2010 to recognise 15 years’ ethical and diligent service by Australian sworn police officers in active service on or after 30 October 2008. Unfortunately, police officers whose services concluded between 14 February 1975 and 30 October 2008 were ineligible for this distinguished medal. The Australian Government believes that these dedicated police officers who have served our local communities should have their service recognised. Ref: http://www.pm.gov.au/media/2014-04-12/extending-eligibility-national-police-service-medal

Complete details on this medal can be found here: http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/medals/national_police_service_medal.cfm

Jean-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou Jean-Paul.

The only question that occurs to me - does this medal cover the various State Police Forces - or, is it for the

Federal Police ? Mervyn

If you read the posting and the attachments you will see that it applies to all Australian Police Forces.

Dave.