News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guys,

I got this this morning, it was in a rucksack with a bottle and mess kit. There was also a US belt and bottle. I will put the field gear in the proper areas.

It appears that you can remove the blue top to put on a summer white top at a guess?

Waffenfarbe is signals I think without looking it up so I may be wrong?

It looks like a lot of gear from the same guy and he was likely something to do with Boelcke squadron (markings on the rucksack see other post).

I am liking the maker lable.

His name is unfortunate 'Bohnsack', 'Beanbag', does that work as a literal translation?

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

Yes, certainly looks like a nice signals cap, from a rare maker. Definitely a keeper, IMHO. KG 27 "Boelcke", was, of course, a Luftwaffe bomber wing.

I always wondered why a bomber unit was named after a fighter pilot??

Guys,

With the top off and an eagle relaced. There appears to be a split pin that would attach to a flap on the cover to hold it in place?

15thpacav I will keep it I am sure, the unit marking states 37 I am thinking that may be the year as this is the second marked as such that I have, I don't think it is copied or enhanced as there is no point on a rucksack.

Jock :)

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...