I'm going to restore this bar. I think the missing orders are RAO3mS, KO3 and a Hohenzollern Honor Cross with Crown. Any chance one of the research gurus can ID this one?

I would have thought of: RAO4, KO4 and HE3X

Did you already restore the bar?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nice bar!

When I change (add, restore, repair,...) something, I write that down and add a card to the piece. For me it is important to know, if something was changed.

Regards

1 hour ago, Nicolas7507 said:

I would have thought of: RAO4, KO4 and HE3X

I agree here with Nicolas, we can see that the fourth ribbon has been fashioned for a decoration with the general size equal to an EK, which would in my opinion pount to a HE3x rather than a HoH.

Kind regards, Laurentius

There are a number of possibilities. Besides the options already listed, you could be looking for a Regierungs- und Schulrat with the RAO4, KO3 and HOH3A. I came across one close match, with all the Prussian decorations and the Braunschweig Kriegsverdienstkreuz, except he had the Oldenburg Friedrich-August Kreuz and did not have the ÖM3K

I've put an RAO4mK, KO3 and a Hohenzollern Ehrenkreuz on it, all fit perfectly except the Hohenzollern definitely had a crown, you can see the impression in the ribbon.

Regulations were not always followed perfectly, but the Fürstlich Hohenzollernsches Ehrenkreuz ranked after the Prussian 25 jähr. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz or the Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung 1.Klasse (but before the LD2 and various Prussian Kriegsdenkmünzen). So if precedence was properly followed, the missing decoration should be a Royal House Order (Königlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden).

Dear VtwinVince,

would you happen to have some pictures of the restored medalbar?

Kind regards, Laurentius

I will get a photo up when I'm back from holiday. I'm now leaning towards a peacetime HOH, not a Hohenzollern EK.

So this is the current version. Clearly the RAO had a crown, so I'm assuming it was a fourth class. I'm speculating on the KO3, and clearly the HEK is not a match, since there is the outline of a crown impressed into the ribbon, and the precedence doesn't seem right, so I'm thinking maybe a peacetime HOH?

IMG_0416.JPG

Thanks, my sewing skills aren't great. I'm pretty convinced that it should be a peacetime HOH instead of a HEK, judging from the impressions in the ribbon, and the precedence would be right with a Prussian decoration.