News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslav/Serbian Order of the White Eagle- which grade?

Dear Gentlemen,

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this is the Grand Cross of the Grand Officer (2nd Class) Grade of the White Eagle Order.

Unfortunately this is the only photo I have, and have no measurements. I know it may be a long shot but I am hopeful someone will recognise the Grade. I have done a few Google searches but I see this type and another type of breast star for the Grand Cross and it's a little confusing.

I do believe that this is one issued during the Yugoslavian Kingdom 1918-1945.

With thanks

Pierce

We can't really make it out from one photo, especially since the breast star eagle looks crooked :S

I'll check in the book later but from the photo it looks to me like 2 different variations, might even be two different classes.

If you could get more photos it would help a lot :D

Greetings,

Neck badge is 3rd class order made by Huguenin and the star is 2nd class made by Bertrand, someone paired up these two in order to have "full 2nd class set".

Bertrand was making White Eagles for Kingdom of Serbia while the Huguenin started production after WW1 during Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and later Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Edited by paja