News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi All

Looking for information on a new badge in my collection. It is same size as WWII specials lapel badge, but has CC and a dark green background as opposed to the normal blue. I have seen one other like this but have been unable to attribute to any force. Hoping GMIC members can help me out with this one.

Morning Badger. Apart from the obvious possibilities - Carmarthen, Carnarvon, Cambridgeshire etc., I would

suggest you look at Australia. The stars could make it a possibility. Ask our Aust. coll. in the pinned section,

what he thinks ? Mervyn

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Badger. Apart from the obvious possibilities - Carmarthen, Carnarvon, Cambridgeshire etc., I would

suggest you look at Australia. The stars could make it a possibility. Ask our Aust. coll. in the pinned section,

what he thinks ? Mervyn

There are no stars on it. They are dots!

Dave.

There are dots in the Cornish coat of arms. could it be Cornish Constabulary.

Paul

Paul,

Yes, that did cross my mind. However, the "dots" on Cornwall's shield (they are actually "bezants" or golden roundels) are 15 in number. Also, Cornwall Constabulary produced a series of badges (of similar size and shape) which were clearly from that County (showing the full shield with a dark blue background) and either "SC", "PWR", "PMAS", WAPC etc. So, I don't think, on the balance of probabilities, it is connected with Cornwall. In fact, if I'm honest, I don't think it is police related at all. As an aside, the enamel background to the "CC" is actually GREEN and not the usual police dark blue.

Dave.

Edited by Dave Wilkinson

Thankyou Dave for pointing out they are not 'stars' - I don't think I ever enlarged them. If it is British, then I agree, green is a strange background. However, Australia does use this colour, so may just be worth asking.. With King's Crown it will probably turn out

to be one of the many organisations they had in those days. Mervyn