News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help regarding Otto Kumm signed photo

Humberto,

I have no idea but user 'hucks216' may be able to help as he know quite a bit about signatures.

He runs a database on here of wartime signatures, perhaps Kumm is there and that might start as a comparison?

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

I'm afraid that when it comes to signed photos I am at a loss - especially post-war ones. When it comes to citations and Soldbucher etc there is the extra information that helps to determine the signature's originality (units, dates, stamps etc and even pen type) but when it comes down to a signed photo all that is missing so, unless there is an iron clad provenance it is impossible to be 100% certain a signature on a photo is real or fake, especially when it is post war when signatures tended to change greatly with age.

In my files I have two examples of his signature, one wartime and one post war and yhis one bears more likeness for his wartime one than it does for his post-war example.

thank you very much for all your help gentlemen!

I got the autograph years ago from a friend and is supposed to be signed and delivered at the moment by Otto Kumm himself. but throughout the years I have seen some postwar signatures of him somewhat different from the one that I have, but I think for your comments that is more likely to be original than a fake.

Cordial greetings

Humberto