News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early NSDAP Propaganda

Alex K

An interesting painting, appears to be period, of Hitler at a meeting, artist is unknown (To me). I don't recognise any other TR worthies in the picture except possibly HH seated at the table, I could be wrong

Alex K

Just spotted this

Edited by Alex K

Hello Alex.

I believe this to depict the early "Kampfzeit" ( early struggle ) when meeting attendance was small and a gradual increase in interest and participation took place. Note the one listener wearing field grey tunic and others such, probably meant to demonstrate ex-soldiers's interest in the party. The "stab in the back" (Dolchstoss) and the "undefeated in the field" ( unbesiegt im Feld) subjects attracted many , not only ex-soldiers.

The date in the second picture 1935 seems the time when efforts were still under way to remind people of the struggle to shed the "November Verbrecher' or November 1918 criminals who signed away every German right and lots of territory and on and on.

Just stepped off the soapbox...

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst