News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:anmatcat: Hmmmm? I can't think of a badge the women wore that was not available in pinback and stickpin form. Thought of the NSV, NS-Volkswohlfahrt but I have seen a pinback version of the membership badge. Plus they had the brooches.

Scour the in wear images. :)

--dj--Joe

• Replies 311
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:Cat-Scratch: Has anyone seen or better yet have a Womens RAD Honor pin (was the honor pin considered an honorable service membership pin)? If in stickpin form there is your answer. I have a ghost of a thought that far back I saw an example but do not recall the pin set up.

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

I've no idea why it seemed to be this way either. it appears that pin/badges that were unisex came in both, but those specifically intended for women were in brooch form only.

I've never been lucky enough to find the RADwJ Erinnerungsnadel Joe, so can't comment on that one.

As many of you know I have a host of images showing pin/badges in wear, but it is usually impossible to be able to make out whether it is a stick or pinback fixing.

There isn't a problem with the stickpin in the attached pic, & on this link http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/5140-ns-studentenbund-badges/page__st__40__gopid__495137 a nice shot of a pinback badge. But usually you just can't tell what fixing they have.

Cheers

Don

• 6 months later...

Hello, I find myself in need of assistance. :anmatcat: I purchased a Reichsverband Der Wirtschaftsleiter membership pin, (as seen on page 2 of this thread), however I can not recall nor find specific information as to the organization. Even though I know Don has told me at least twice. I looked up the definition of Wirtschaftsleiter but too many variables and things do tend to get confused in translation.

Mine is also by Rob.Neff Berlin W57

--dj--Joe :unsure:

Hello, I find myself in need of assistance. :anmatcat: I purchased a Reichsverband Der Wirtschaftsleiter membership pin, (as seen on page 2 of this thread), however I can not recall nor find specific information as to the organization. Even though I know Don has told me at least twice. I looked up the definition of Wirtschaftsleiter but too many variables and things do tend to get confused in translation.

Mine is also by Rob.Neff Berlin W57

--dj--Joe :unsure:

Hi Joe

The full name is "Reichsverband der Wirtschaftsleiter (VELA) which roughly translates as "National Association of Economy Managers" which I think was basically something similar to a trade association for economic managers. The Vela I think was an older group that was either a sister organisation or maybe sat above the RdW (I'm not fully sure of the connection), it stood for "Vereinigung der leitenden Angestellten in Handel und Industrie", again roughly the "Association of Executives in Trade and Industry".

Cheers

Don

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...

And I did the same --dj--Joe!  It is good that the threads are kept for us to go back over and see.  I just may post a few stickpins later that aren't on the thread.  What special things are on your wish list?  Mike

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 8 months later...