News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1/5 bust - General of Brigade Fournier-Sarlovese

ColinRF

My latest project is a bust of General Fournier, infamous Duellist and model for Gabriel Feraud in Conrad's story "The Duel" and Ridley Scott's award winning first film "The Duellists."

Colin

Hi Colin, that looks great, is it hand crafted by you out of clay? if so, then the likeness to the portrait is amazing. I assume you will eventually paint it, Please post the finished project when complete

regards

Alex K

Thanks gents. Yes it is scratch built from oven baked polymer clay. I am using 3 different portraits of Fournier to get his appearance, so it's not surprising to me that you see differences from the most famous one that I posted above. Also I am self-taught, meaning I have limitations on my portrait sculpting skills. Over all I am pretty happy so far.

Here is is complete shako and the beginnings if his torso. He will be holding the shako in his right hand and will have a pelisse over his left shoulder.

Colin

Edited by ColinRF

Thanks gents. Yes it is scratch built from oven baked polymer clay. I am using 3 different portraits of Fournier to get his appearance, so it's not surprising to me that you see differences from the most famous one that I posted above. Also I am self-taught, meaning I have limitations on my portrait sculpting skills. Over all I am pretty happy so far.

Here is is complete shako and the beginnings if his torso. He will be holding the shako in his right hand and will have a pelisse over his left shoulder.

Colin

Hi Colin

Understood. And definitely not a slam on your sculpting. It's light years beyond anything I could achieve. 1/72 green stuff bed rolls and tarps is about my level.... :blush:

:cheers:

Larry

Bonjour,

Superb sculpting, congratulations !

Fournier-Sarlovèze was a fascinating character ; there was a very interesting article about him (in French) in "Vivat Hussar" No.16, pp.53-82, Tarbes, 1981.(apparently a reprint of the same article previously published in "Le Ruban Rouge" No.28)

Article including a reproduction of a copper etched profile portrait. You already saw that one ?

Salutations,

Jérôme

Thanks again.

Bonjour,

Superb sculpting, congratulations !

Fournier-Sarlovèze was a fascinating character ; there was a very interesting article about him (in French) in "Vivat Hussar" No.16, pp.53-82, Tarbes, 1981.(apparently a reprint of the same article previously published in "Le Ruban Rouge" No.28)

Article including a reproduction of a copper etched profile portrait. You already saw that one ?

Salutations,

Jérôme

Merci Jérôme - I have not seen the article. I have seen 2 other legitimate portraits of Fournier (attached). The engraving is of an older man, post-war after he had been granted the title Sarlovese. I am not 100% sure the sculpture is Fournier but think it is. I also add a picture if the pelisse in progress.

Colin

Colin;

All I can say is ...wow! You have a wonderful talent ; I like to make military models and figurines ( which take months to build ) so I can appreciate the amazing skills that you possess. This is a museum quality work of art. Congratulations!

Mike