News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More medals that I think might be spanish.

ray11

I seem to be wrong more than I am right but here goes. Two medals I believe might be spanish and i am not sure why,in a way they look Japanese but i doubt it. So can anyone set me right? well maybe from Chile?

They almost look like circus decorations to me, something a Ringmaster would wear for embellishment. :) Apart from that they don't appear to look like any order or medal I have seen before :D

They are likely to be marked "Coro", if marked at all. Coro was a major American manufacturer of costume jewelry in the 1940-50s. During World War II, they had numerous contracts for insignia and some medals. In the 1950s, there was a period in women's fashion where military-inspired jewelry was hot. Coro simply retooled many of its dies and put together brooches, pins, etc made up of parts that insignia collectors will recognize. In many cases, they used the same dies, but used different colors from the originals, so a red-white-blue US shield might become green-yellow-white. Japanese breast star designs were commonly used for some reason -- probably because they were simple, elegant design elements.

There's a thread on the OMSA web site about Coro's Heraldic Line, which used many non-US designs: http://www.omsa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1276

Well I could believe anything about them and thank you all for feed back and really Jeff for the link to the fakes(boy that was close) there is not enough info on fakes out there. best,Ray