News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nicholas II medal bar

JapanX

• 1 year later...
    On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2014 at 19:58, Bill Dienna said:

Very impressive, and not at all silly, I think!

Agreed, a very fine display. I also made this bar to display on a reproduction of one of his uniforms, mostly from replicas except for the common Russian medals.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 11:55, JapanX said:

Hmmm

Looks very much like badge for the suite of A-II

1008999880.jpg

This is the badge Nicholas II wore often with his service dress uniform. He was an adjutant for both his grandfather, Alexander II and his father Alexander III.  He usually wore the shoulder boards of a Colonel of the Imperial Guards 4th Rifle Regiment which had both cyphers embroidered on them, beneath a crown.

• 4 years later...

Freiherr - just a follow up to your post, Posted July 27, 2014 (6+ years after the conversation was over)... George V's star in the "East" position (using your reference points) was the Order of St Patrick ("KP"), the UK's highest Irish order, which ranked immediately below to the Order of the Thistle and ahead of the Order of the Bath.