News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Zeppelin crew - probably LZ 26 - Allenstein

Hi All

Some days ago I received a nice photo of two steuermanns from Zeppelin ship.

Photo was taken in Allenstein, where was located one of zeppelin base (base was in village near Allensien called Diwitten)

That was a reserve base for Koenigsberg as I know.

On photo reverse is date - 5 December 1915. As I know in this time in Allenstein was only LZ26, and I think that these soldiers are from this ship.

I'm looking for any information about LZ26 (Z XII) from time when he was in Allenstein. I am also looking for names of crew members from this ship.

Maybe there is possibly to recognize soldiers from my photo.

That will be great.

If someone could help me, I will be appreciated.

Edited by Frozzer

Hello!
    I love that photo!!!!

Unfortunately I don´t have any infos about that Luftschiff.

I only know, in Allenstein was the "Militär-Luftschiffhafen" and there also was the "Feldluftschiff-Trupp Nr.16" (disolved 1917)

The LZ26 was tactically named as Z XIII. It had a volume of 25.000 cubemetres. It´s first flight was 14.12.1914 and it has been broke up august 8th 1917 in Jüterbog