Zaire/Congo - Ordre National du Zaïre

JapanX

This one was established on December 2, 1968.
It has five classes
Grand Cordon
Grand Officier
Commandeur
Officier
Chevalier
Order had military and civilian division for services to the state.
Swords are added to the orders that are issued for military service.
This is how Grand Cordon from P. De Greef, Bruxelles from my collection looks like
Badge
Obverse

Interesting information gives us this site http://www.themedalhound.com/drc/noz.html

De Greef of Brussels made the Civilian Division version. Arthus Bertrand of Paris made the Military Division version. As the relationship between Mobutu and the Belgian authorities chilled, the contract for the manufacture of Zaire's medals was moved to the French firm. In part this also was done to recognize France's support during the internal insurrections in Zaire.

Hmmmm...

But what we will do then with De Greef breast stars with swords :whistle:

Massive set Nick!--in every sense of the word. Will check mine [in a few days] to see if it bears the "V" mark. Quality of enamel work is low sometimes resulting in 'pop-out' although gilding usually excellent. These are not easily found--congratulations!

Edited by 922F

• 4 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• As a theology student my professor, a much published former Naval chaplain, set us an essay, saying that if we could answer that successfully we would be guaranteed  a good degree "Which of the gospel writers was the biggest liar, discuss."   I got a good mark, but  don't want to be burned for heresy.   P
    • As my father used to say: "Tain't so much Pappy's a liar - he just remembers big."  
    • Brian: First, let me say that I always enjoy reading your blog and your "spot on" comments.  Another fine topic with such a broad expansion into so many different facets.  I had watched this a week or two ago and when reading your blog, it reminded me of this great quote.   There is a great video on the origins of "Who was Murphy in Murphy's Law"   Anyway, about mid way through this video, there is this great quote and I think it sums it up quite well to your statem
    • I've received word from the Curator that she has permission to re-open this summer.   We're already making plans for a November event at the Museum.   Michael
    • I recall I did the same on hot days at Old Fort York back in 1973-74 - wool uniforms, and at 90F they would let you take your backpack off.   Michael