News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Named Soldiers Medal "Brande"

Just acquired this Soldiers Medal along with 6 other US medals but this one is named to "Harvey G Brande".

The only Harvey G Brande I can find is from Vietnam.

Harvey Gordan Brande Rank E7/US army special forces Company C Det A-101 5th special forces group. DOB 13 Nov 1936, Long Beach Ca.

7th Feb 1968 Lang Vei special forces camp was attacked by NVA and H G Brande was taken prisoner along with others. Given MIA status and identified as POW in 1969. released 1973.

Awarded 2 silver stars, the soldiers medal and POW medal.Whilst Brande was taking part in Op Blackjack Twelve 6th April 1967 he and his men tried to rescue the crew of a crashed air controller aircraft and Brande entered the plane wreckage even though there was exploding ammo to search for survivors but there were non.

Now this medal came from a collection of various militaria and collectibles that has not seen the light of day for some time(so I'm told).

The other 6 medals were Navy Achievement on loop suspender, Navy Nicaragua campaign 1912 on wrap suspender, no number looks in mint condition so may have been unissued? A Korean war service, 2nd Nicaraguan campaign (modern issue), Mexican border service 16-17 (modern issue) and Outstanding volunteer service medal.

This soldiers medal intrigues me as to how it came to be with the others in the collection and is it genuine?