News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Any info on Haupstellenleiter Eftger post war?

Does anybody have any information on the post war whereabouts of Erich Eftger who was pre 1941 (at least by 1939) a Reichs level Hauptstellenleiter and by 1941 a Oberbereichsleiter in the Reichs level? He was also an honorary SS Obersturmbannfuehrer by 1941. He was leader of deputy head of department II A in the party Chancellery. I know he was born the 16th of August 1900 and by 1932 he was a member of the party. He was also some type of leader in the Stab der stabs Once occupation of the Netherlands took place, he took the position of one of the main labor corps leaders in the NSB over the NAD and NAF, the equivalent of the RAD and DAF. I have found some period documents and letters online mentioning his name as the higher rank with the Dutch involvement. From 1944-1945 winter he was an Org. Todt leader in Elten, Germany which is literally on the border of Germany and Netherlands, the first town in Germany. From this information I would have thought he would have been tried in Nuremberg for the war trials being

A. Reichs level.

B. High leader in Dutch NSB

C. Member of the party Chancellery.

I contacted US National Archives and said all information was sent back to Germany on leaders in 1994 and they said I need to know where he settled post war to know which archive has the information, so it is just a guessing game on all of their information bases there. I contacted the NIOD in the Netherlands which gave me most of the information I have shared here. The bundesarchiv in Germany said I have to pay to get information 15.34 euro per half hour of time it takes for them to find it, then around 3 euro shipping and .43 euro per page of paper they find which IMO is ridiculous and not worth that much as I have a large amount of information already. Do I will ask again if anybody has information on where he went or what happened to him post war, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the item that started my search. An armband for the Reichsparteitag 1939 which never took place as it was cancelled 1 day before the start, because Poland was invaded that day. Pretty ironically, the theme was peace and it started the 2nd world war in Europe.

And here's the paper that came with it. Both the armband and the paper have the same stamp "69" which proves they belong together. It says his last name and rank and that he was to return it by the 13th when his duty was done and to not let anybody use it. It's my favorite armband/item in my collection as it's irreplaceable. I know of 1 other with the paper, but with a different name and 4 other armbands like this. 3 of which were from the same vet group.