News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greg - a very nice example - I don't see much wrong with it , mainly the wear you would expect. Give it a good clean and polish

the leather. There were two patterns of the first Fairburn Sykes commando knife - both are quite rare. The 2nd. pattern is a

little more plentiful, but in this condition, worth quite a lot of money. I hope you were able to buy it at a fair price.

For the information of members who may not know the background to this famous knife - which is still made today - the British

Forces - particularly the new Commando Units, were in need of a good fighting knife. Captains Fairburn and Sykes worked on

such a design and it was approved by the War Office. Three companies made them - the Wilkinson Sword Company being

one of them. They went out of business - I think in 2005 - and Britain no longer has a sword company of any size. Mervyn

Optically one of the nicest knives around. I love them to bits.

Practically about as useful as an empty box with holes in it.

I had one on my web gear for a couple of days as a just out of basic traing soldier.... but a man can only stand so many sniggers and chuckles.... and when I realised others could open tins, but wood and "do stuff" with their knives... and I would have to wait 10 lifetimes or more to find the sentry i could kill with mine... it dissapeared back into the trunk...

I guess it is best for what it was designed for... a WW2 commando.

Having said that, a classic, and beautiful....

Jerry and Chris,

Thanks for the comments.

I agree, these are pretty much useless today. They were designed

to do only one thing and do it well. That is part of what appeals to

me about them.

Jerry and Chris,

Thanks for the comments.

I agree, these are pretty much useless today. They were designed

to do only one thing and do it well. That is part of what appeals to

me about them.

I slit plenty of throats with my Randall Nr 1...

of course... they were goats.... but an 8 Incah Randall Nr1 is gods gift to knives ;-)

Randall's are great knives and a vintage Randall #1 is on my list to find but my tiny budget does not alloy

that kind of indulgences.

Mine is a late 80s one... I remember at a show back in 1994, a Named Vietnam era Randall Nr 1 for CDN $ 200... I was broke and could not afford it.... I still regret that :-(

$200 :speechless1:

No days, you pay that just to hold one at a show. Most VN era or earlier

blades I have seen, cost more than what I paid for my car. Granted, my

car is a POS but stil, I've seen them regularly go for more than $3000.