News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some of the rarer foreign volunteer items.

The Young Cossack Badge. Comes with two types of fitting. This one is similar to British cap badges, with two loops ( one missing here) soldered to the reverse to take a split pin fitting.

Edited by Gordon Williamson

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing pieces! So few originals survived. I am aware of the 2 blurry photos of the Don 5th reg. badge in wear but any photos of the 2nd Siberi or Coss. Grad school badges in wear? , thanks , G.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

This is a photo of my badge which came from a "high-end" "West Coast" dealer. Interestingly, it has the same scar on the right-hand side of the number "5" which the example of Gordon's has. DN shows a similar badge in his fake gallery but without this scar. The pin is magnetic.

Stan

My other.

regards,

Pete

Of note, the one illustrated in Detlev's book is a copy!

Pete,

I totally agree with you. I don't like to see those "curly" 9's.

Nice to see 3 identical badges. That one with holes looks very interesting.

Stan

• 4 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

And another one => Bergkaukasien

Cordial greetings,

I have always believed this to be cossack artillery, but welcome your thought, does not show up with black light

Edited by dante

Sorry, but the patch is no good. Its a fantasy piece supposibly being Jungschultz Cossacks art. patch, but that unit did not even have artillery, not to mention that the skull is completely wrong.

I have always believed this to be cossack artillery, but welcome your thought, does not show up with black light

Sorry, but the patch is no good. Its a fantasy piece supposibly being Jungschultz Cossacks art. patch, but that unit did not even have artillery, not to mention that the skull is completely wrong.

Askold, by fantasy piece do you mean you have never seen one before so it must be wrong or its a known copy and been on the market before ?

Well this patch was posted on WA forum and the general conclusion was that it was a fantasy piece. Also if you examine photo of Jungschultz cossacks none of them wore a patch like this. Thirdly if you examine the order of battle, then you realize that the unit did not have its own artillery.

Well this patch was posted on WA forum and the general conclusion was that it was a fantasy piece. Also if you examine photo of Jungschultz cossacks none of them wore a patch like this. Thirdly if you examine the order of battle, then you realize that the unit did not have its own artillery.

I posted on the WA and we will have to disagree, one thing I have learnt is why copy something no one has ever heard or seen and thus has no value and then only make one?. we will agree to disagree

Well because people who don't know what it is are more likely to buy it. Reading up on Cossacks and dong research helps to avoid such confusion. Note even how its made - its suppose to imitate a field made piece, but its too well done for a field item.

• 3 years later...

Very nice images, particularly of the Kononov crosses. The one comparing to the 1970's is interesting as somewhere I have tucked away with my bits n pieces one like this with the curly '9' but of much better quality & more like the originals, again with a steel pin. I've always taken it to be a copy but the quality is so much better than the other ones you see.

I have also been fortunate to have handled one of the ROA Officers School badges (in a private museum) & also seen one of those & an original Kononov cross with the swastikas removed!

In regard to the Young Cossack School badge, I have noticed quite a few recently appearing with the vertical pin on them & of a slightly larger dimension than the one shown in the first post, also the bulava (mace at the top) appears to be fretted out as opposed to being solid on all the old ones I've seen prior - any thoughts?

• 10 years later...