6 new Defense Ministry medals

How are you finding all of these?  Very cool Frank. 

I spend an inordinate amount of time on Russian auction and phaleristic web sites seeking clarity (if there's any to be found) into the veritable deluge of new ODMs pouring out of the many ministries and departments.

• 3 weeks later...

post-3030-0-01902600-1416782327.jpg

Signal Corps Marshal Peresypkin

Interesting to see that Marshal Peresypkin has been honored with a medal; he has one of the more interesting graves  in the Novodevichy Cemetery in Moscow.  Thanks for showing the medal and his portrait.

Regards

Signal Corps Marshal Peresypkin.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2015 at 15:20, TacHel said:

Finally a photo of the tank biathlon medals in their present format.

tank_biathlon.thumb.jpg.83a0b75f1a0c57f7

Finally found the regulations for these!!!  From August 2014.

Awarded to military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and to military personnel of foreign armed forces who ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the annual WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TANK BIATHLON. This is the approved reduction medal for wear on the uniform as detailed in the official event regulations. The medal presented for the competition is of the same design but 60mm in diameter and hangs from a white 32mm wide neck ribbon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
    • I have been known to drink Lapsang Souchong and Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... both "without pollutants". I normally have one mug of coffee in the morning, then spend the rest of the day drinking Orange & Mango squash (by the pint). Then evening comes and it's a pint, followed by red wine with dinner and sometimes a drop of Laphroaig afterwards.