News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What About The Apc/micv

How about a troop carrier that is armored , tracked, a crew of 3+7, a 100mm smooth bore gun, a 30mm cannon, At-8 A/T missiles, automatic grenade launcher and 2 X PK MGs . Oh and a feeling of superiority....

You can't really argue with a APC that has a 100 rifled gun can you?!! It actually has three 7.62's, one by the 30mm cannon and one either side of the hull facing forward. What an awesome piece of kit.

Can anyone tell me how the Russion 30mm cannon compares to the British RARDEN cannon? I remember reading after the first Gulf War that British Warriors were able to take-out Iraqi T55's easily with the RARDEN because of the sheer velocity of the rounds! I can't see the Russians matching this.

The 100mm smoothbore gun is for both conventional ammunition and missiles. I think it originally used AT8, but that may have been for the export market.
    As for the 30mm, it supposedly has a dual feed capacity, where as the Rarden cannon fires in 3 round clips.
    The Rarden cannon was able to destroy T55s with comparative ease, I have read, but the thing is 40-50 years old, and designed to penetrate the West in waves with long range fuel tanks and low silhouete. Typically Soviet... wub.gif

• 2 months later...

Just finished a lovely pork lunch at Mr Vice Chairmans!

I think the Bradley is a perfectly good piece of kit for the job, but it's certainly not outstanding. I remember many moons ago when they were actually going through the process of building it, i heard that they wanted to scrap the entire project, but couldn't because it had cost too much. They had to crack on with it because it was too late to go back.

I also heard that they rigged most of the field trials to make it look far better than it actually was. The sheer cost of the project would probably equip most European armies for years............

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 years later...

Yes, the BMP3 is awesome , but it must need 10 trucks full of ammo behind it where ever it goes!

I love the Bradley Fighting Vehicle: I heard that a new type is being manufactured can't wait to sign for one:

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

This BMP-3 (Kaktus) has Russian markings but this type of additional reactive armour was developed for the BMP-3's of the UAE . The KDZ (Lit; kompleks dynamicheskoy zashiti) system consists of reactive armour elements (81 each, different types), steel plates and shock-absorbing plates. It has a total weight of 4,150 kg and protects the hull and turret against light anti-tank weapons and 12.7-14.5mm armour piercing rounds.

Regards Eddie