News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Korean Award Documents

History_Geek

I was wondering about the Korean Award Documents. I have a Order of the Taegeuk document with the Permission to Wear document. I also have a wear document for what I think to be a Korean Imperial Visit medal. Does anyone have anymore of these Korean and Korean Permission to Wear documents?

I have a thought on this. Are these harder to find because they were given during such a short time frame? The new and last Emperor, Yi Cheok ,was installed in 1907 after Japan forced the previous to adduct, Yi Myeong bok. Maybe only a few awards were given before 1907.

Does anyone have an example of a Korean Award Document besides the Order of the Taegeuk?

Here is an interesting document related to the conversation. At first look it is a simple rising sun 4th class award document, in the small form. I am not sure of the title of these small documents. I think they were either given initially to the person before the larger award was awarded. I know that in some cases people only got these smaller awards, especially during the later war years. Any clarification on this would be appreciated. I enjoy these small documents because they can give you more detail than the bigger documents.

Okay, back to this document. It appears that Captain Jiro was involved with suppressing the Korean insurgency of 1907-1908. He is also well decorated with a Golden Kite 5th class. Considering the coup that happened that in 1907 it would appear that Captain Jiro participated in some way with the rather unsavory task of regime change.

I wonder if he would have also won a Korean Order for this work? These are the reasons why I enjoy collecting documents.