News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wales 2014 NATO Summit Police cap.

The NATO Summit was held in Wales during 2014. I was Site Manager in Cardiff for a large Welfare Cell hubime needs catering for all tee welfare and downtime needs of police officers from all over the UK. Some officers on specific duties only, were issued with a blue NATO Police baseball cap. The cap is bi-lingual in both English and Welsh. A highly sought after cap. Photographs of mine for those of you who collect ball caps.

I agree Mervyn. Not my idea of memorabilia either.....but a big part of collecting police memorabilia these days. Each to their own I suppose. The peak looks oversize, but is just an optical illusion caused by the angle of the photo. You would not believe how highly sought after these were amongst the officers as only a small percentage were issued with them, - only certain level PSU's. Ross

Why are the Brits so poor at this kind of thing? I haven't got a problem with the ballcap per se but at least put some effort into the graphic design!

I can't imagine the Americans hosting a similar event and ending up with a such a naff souvenir.

Edited by NickLangley

Not the finest example of the patchmaker's art but at least Illinois State Police had a go.

I seem to recall that The Met opened a gift shop a few years ago to sell Met-themed merchandise a la NYPD. Loads of stuff (cufflinks, desksets and the like) designed to appeal to the over-seventy-year-olds. Utterly clueless. ;)

Edited by NickLangley

I can't imagine the Americans hosting a similar event and ending up with a such a naff souvenir.

We also hosted the 50th Anniversary of NATO Summit in Washington, DC in 1999. There were so many "naff" souvenirs made there are too many to mention. I worked the OPS Center and have a golf shirt (purchased) and a challenge coin (presented), both with anniversary logos. There were hats, attache cases, and other do-dads for other special areas. These were not for sale to the public, but only for teams working the event.

So...now you can imagine.

• 4 years later...