News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Württemberg Uhlan Wedding

After the Prussian's kind assistance in an earlier post, I thought I might post a photograph that the group would appreciate as a way of saying thanks

This photo is matted in a frame, marked with the photographer's studio "Emil Schmid, Ludwigsburg" and dated 1908. Under a glass I can make out the Arms of Wurttemberg on the guards of the swords. I assume this is Uhlan Regiment King Wilhelm I (2nd Wurttemberg) only because I understand it was garrisoned in Ludwigsburg. If someone identifies it as another regiment, please let me know. Also, I am assuming the occasion was a wedding. I must say the matching moustaches are a nice touch.

Amy additional information on the meaning of stripes, decorations, etc. would also be appreciated.

Chris

Edited by Chrisnp

A very nice photo. I believe that you are correct regarding Ulan Regt.nr.20, as the other Wurttemburg Ulan Regiment,nr.19, wore litzen on their collars & cuffs, not seen in this photo.

I assume that the 20th regiment's facing color of yellow showed up dark in this photo, as sometimes it seemed to do back then.

Here are some photos of a M89 sword for the 19th Ulans; pardon my poor photos, please.

Sorry not to have responded earlier - my computer went buggy.

Thanks for your response, the information and for the photos of the M89 sword. I also have an M89 to an Uhlan Rgt, but unfortunately not a Wurttemburg Rgt.

Chris