Württemberg Uhlan Wedding

After the Prussian's kind assistance in an earlier post, I thought I might post a photograph that the group would appreciate as a way of saying thanks

This photo is matted in a frame, marked with the photographer's studio "Emil Schmid, Ludwigsburg" and dated 1908. Under a glass I can make out the Arms of Wurttemberg on the guards of the swords. I assume this is Uhlan Regiment King Wilhelm I (2nd Wurttemberg) only because I understand it was garrisoned in Ludwigsburg. If someone identifies it as another regiment, please let me know. Also, I am assuming the occasion was a wedding. I must say the matching moustaches are a nice touch.

Amy additional information on the meaning of stripes, decorations, etc. would also be appreciated.

Chris

Edited by Chrisnp

A very nice photo. I believe that you are correct regarding Ulan Regt.nr.20, as the other Wurttemburg Ulan Regiment,nr.19, wore litzen on their collars & cuffs, not seen in this photo.

I assume that the 20th regiment's facing color of yellow showed up dark in this photo, as sometimes it seemed to do back then.

Here are some photos of a M89 sword for the 19th Ulans; pardon my poor photos, please.

Sorry not to have responded earlier - my computer went buggy.

Thanks for your response, the information and for the photos of the M89 sword. I also have an M89 to an Uhlan Rgt, but unfortunately not a Wurttemburg Rgt.

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• As a theology student my professor, a much published former Naval chaplain, set us an essay, saying that if we could answer that successfully we would be guaranteed  a good degree "Which of the gospel writers was the biggest liar, discuss."   I got a good mark, but  don't want to be burned for heresy.   P
    • As my father used to say: "Tain't so much Pappy's a liar - he just remembers big."  
    • Brian: First, let me say that I always enjoy reading your blog and your "spot on" comments.  Another fine topic with such a broad expansion into so many different facets.  I had watched this a week or two ago and when reading your blog, it reminded me of this great quote.   There is a great video on the origins of "Who was Murphy in Murphy's Law"   Anyway, about mid way through this video, there is this great quote and I think it sums it up quite well to your statem
    • I've received word from the Curator that she has permission to re-open this summer.   We're already making plans for a November event at the Museum.   Michael
    • I recall I did the same on hot days at Old Fort York back in 1973-74 - wool uniforms, and at 90F they would let you take your backpack off.   Michael