News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gemstones, anyone?

Hi Gentlemen form around the world,

Anyone collecting gemstones here?

There are many varieties of gemstone like diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald, amethyst, opal, garnet, topaz, etc.

For example (from my collection):

Bintang Republik Indonesia with Blue Sapphire Ring:

In some culture, there's even some beliefs that stone can carry certain meaning and effect like health, good or bad luck, and fortune according to someone's birth month.

Edited by kapten_windu

Good subject Windu. I hope other members will be able to show examples of both stones and mountings.

These days they will be mainly from jewellery - and personally, I think it makes a stone more interesting

to show-it being worn. Look forward to some good examples.

By the way Windu - what's this with 'selfies' and your girl friend on the Comp. ? Results should be out soon. Mervyn

Yes but I keep my collection of raw gems stones (part of the geological collection) here locked away deep in the catacombs under the Home Office, guarded by my dragon and corps of Amazons.

By the way, the whole collection will be coming up for sale in 2015. I'm keeping the dragon and Amazons though. ;)

Regards

Brian

Good subject Windu. I hope other members will be able to show examples of both stones and mountings.

These days they will be mainly from jewellery - and personally, I think it makes a stone more interesting

to show-it being worn. Look forward to some good examples.

By the way Windu - what's this with 'selfies' and your girl friend on the Comp. ? Results should be out soon. Mervyn

Thank you Mervyn, the gemstone fever is happening in my country. I'm a victim of it.. :P

I don't know if members here are also wear ring with gemstone (aside from the "sorry-i-am-not-single-anymore-ring").

She's one of my bestfriend, I met her in a violin community (I don't know if girlfriend is a right term, hehe). We do some crazy things together.. :D

Let's see the result. I'm happy participating on the competition. It's an annual moment to show more personal things and taste of the members here.

Yes but I keep my collection of raw gems stones (part of the geological collection) here locked away deep in the catacombs under the Home Office, guarded by my dragon and corps of Amazons.

By the way, the whole collection will be coming up for sale in 2015. I'm keeping the dragon and Amazons though. ;)

Regards

Brian

Oo Brian, I'm interested in your Dragon, how many do you have? I can pay 50 gold coins for a pair.. :P

Sorry, dragons are solitary therefore only one per own and not for sale. I could let you have a couple of Amazon guards, it would quickly help you know if the term "girlfriend" was correct for that best friend you mentioned. :whistle:

Regards

Brian

• 2 years later...

Great topic aesthetically and intrinsically 

I'm partial to diamonds and sapphire. Here's example 1; attached to my girl's finger. Natural yellow center with yellow and clear accents on the halo, baguettes along the shank. Local jeweler friend custom made to a design I made. 

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

And mine, 1/2 ct tdw. It was a custom ring I got in Kuwait while working there. Gentleman never came to get it so I got it for a song 

IMG_2846.JPG