News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Recipients of Order of Takovo a.o.

Hello gentlemen,

Hello,
    As a lover for history and phaleristics, I’m interested to know if there were any recipients of the Cross of Takovo to foreigners, and if there were given order of the White Eagle and St-Sava before WW1 to Belgians people.
    Can you help me?
    Thx,
    Vermeulen Joris
    Member of SKF & MEDEC

• Replies 99
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to GMIC Rush 79 :)

Here we go, some foreign recipients from my collection :)

Count Hisamoto Hijikata, Japanese recipient of the Order of Takovo Grand Cross, you can read the research journey here :)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/63092-order-of-takovo-grand-cross-research-journey/

Link to Order of Takovo Recipients- Japan, also here in this link there is Prince Iesato Tokugawa that received the Order of the White Eagle,

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/60560-order-of-takovo-recipients-japan/

and last but not least :) Governor General Hubert Auguste Garbit he received the Order of St. Sava, 4th class (especially interesting is the rare French made variant)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/64083-group-gouverneur-general-hubert-auguste-garbit/

There may also be more recipients on the forum but you may have to search a bit :) hope those are a good starting point.

With Regards,

Igor

Edited by Rogi

Number of foreigners awarded with the Order of the Cross of Takovo is not that small. I believe that first foreign recipients were Russian volunteers during War for Liberation and Independence 1876-77-78. General Mikhail Chernyayev was the first one who received first class cross from 1876 when it was organized as a two class order. Photo of the general the wearing the order from 1877 (1876 type replaced).

Unfortunately I can't think of any Belgian recipients of Serbian decorations from pre-WW1 period. But for example Albert I was one of the rare recipients of the Order of the Star of Karađorđe with Swords 1st class.

Edited by paja

On 24 april 1882:

Monsieur Marinovitch, Envoy Extraordinary

and Minister * Plenipotentiary from His Majesty

•the King of Servla, to deliver a Letter from His

Majesty notifying the erection of Servia into a

Kingdom, and to present to Her Majesty the

"Grand Cordon of the Servian Order of Takovo"

From the London Gazette

Also recieved the Order of Takovo as a foreigner:

- David Edward Hughes (16 May 1831 – 22 January 1900), was a Welsh-American scientist and musician. Hughes invented the first working radio communication system, the first semiconductor diode crystal radio receiver, the first printing telegraph, and the first microphone. He was also a harpist, and a professor of music.

- Nikola Ivanov (Bulgarian: Никола Иванов) (2 March 1861, Kalofer – 10 September 1940, Sofia) was a Bulgarian general, Chief of the Headquarters of the Bulgarian Army between 10 May 1894 and 29 November 1896, Minister of war between 29 November 1896 - 30 January 1899. He is prominent for capturing Adrianople in the First Balkan War and the surrounding of the Greeks army in the Battle of Kresna Gorge which brought the end of the disastrous Second Balkan War.

- Hermann Freiherr Kövess von Kövessháza (Hungarian: kövessházi báró Kövess Hermann; March 30, 1854[1] – September 22, 1924[1]) was the final, and completely ceremonial, Commander-in-Chief of Austria-Hungary.

- Leopold Maximilian Joseph Maria Arnulf, Prinz von Bayern (9 February 1846 – 28 September 1930) was born in Munich, the son of Prince Regent Luitpold of Bavaria (1821–1912) and his wife Archduchess Augusta of Austria (1825–1864). He was a Field Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) who commanded German and Austro-Hungarian forces on the Eastern Front in World War I.

- Rudolf Freiherr Stöger-Steiner von Steinstätten (26 April 1861 – 12 May 1921) was a Colonel-General in the Austro-Hungarian army and served as the last Imperial Minister for War not only to the Austro-Hungarian Empire but to the ancient Habsburg monarchy which sat at its head.

- Pavel Alexeevich Zelenoy (Russian: Зеленой, Павел Алексеевич, 5 January 1833 - 10 January 1909) was a Russian admiral, governor of Taganrog and Odessa.

Source: Wikipedia

Edited by Rush79

Ivan Conchev (Иван Цончев), Takovo 3rd and 2nd class recipient.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-7937-0-76669200-1415885794.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-7937-0-06723000-1415886089.jpg

Edited by paja