News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Palestine medal ?

gro

Dear Gro,

An interesting piece. The images is too blurred to read the logo on the central badge but the lower obverse script appears to read "Unity, Nation, People, Community, Liberation", but to be sure a clear image would be useful. The reverse reads, I think, "Established/Instituted on 19/9/1964". 1964 was the year the Palestine Liberation Organization was established but I recall this was in May during an Arab League Conference so I am unsure as to what this specific date alludes to - further research.

If it is for sale I would be interested and please contact me off line.

Kind regards,

Owain

Goo,

Thanks - much clearer - the script reads "National Unity, Patriotic Mobilization, Liberation" - a PLO slogan. The text beneath the badge remains unclear, but following discussion with some of my Arab colleagues the consensus is that it reads Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) which was founded in 1961 and merged in 1967 with other Palestinian groups to become the Popular front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). From some quick on line searches it appears that the date 10 September 1964 refers to the date that the Palestine Liberation Army (PLA) was formed. So this medal is linked to the PLO, PLF and PLA! As with all matters Palestinian further research is needed.

Kind regards,

Owain

Edited by oamotme