News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I had to look up 'pedantic' its a nice way of saying pain in the bottom. Chris can you do us a favour show your felt job in a thread? in fact it would be nice to see all of them, those caps are wonderful btw.

Eric

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bavarian 2nd Jäger Battalion ! :-)

I figured it was a Jäger stein from the beginning when you said you had to put beer in the refrigerator and from when you helped me get the artillery stein. I simply chose a more generic guess of "regimental" to keep up the suspense. :P

You do owe some close-ups.

Everyone needs an occasional "oh Sht!!!!" moment to give life meaning.... :-)

I suggest you drink from the bottle and let the Jäger sit on the shelf. High away from little hands. Your hands included.

Edited by IrishGunner

Hi,

I am not a big Stein Fan either... but have always wanted "just one".... and this is the one that best serves the purpose (2nd Bavarian Jäger, MGK, at least one wound so I can research the battle, qualified for the Edelweiss....) (Only small down side is he seems to have missed Verdun).... The guys records are a bit "all over the place" and somewhat contradictory with the times, but this is a rough first draft....

Gefreiter der Reserve Barthold Edmund Ruck was born on the 22nd of December 1890 in Rappertsjhausen , His father died when he was a boy and at the outbreak of the war he was a farmer and lived with his widowed mother.

He started his national service on the 22nd of October 1910 until the 22nd of September 1912 in the 2nd Company of the 2nd Bavarian Jäger Battalion in Aschaffenburg.

Mobilised on the 2nd of August 1914 in his old company he was transferred to the 2nd Company of the 2nd Bavarian Reserve Jäger battalion which he joined in the field 4 days later. He was wounded on the 25th of August 1914 at the St Libaire Farm at Serre (Bullet wound) and sent to a field hospital. He transferred to the Erstaz Company of the 2nd Jäger Battalion on the 11th of September 1914 and returned to field, rejoining his company on the 28th of October 1914.

From the 8th of December 1915 until the 4th of January he was in Hospital with stomach problems.

On the 30th of March 1916 he was sent to hospital in Charleville with wrist problems.

On the 28th of June 1916 he was posted to the Feldrekruten Depot of the 1st Jäger Regiment. On the 30th of April 1917 he rejoined the 2nd Comp, Res. Jäg. Batl. 2. On the 15th of September 1917 he was transferred to the Machine Gun company.

On the 16th of February 1918 he went to hospital again, rejoining the MGK on the 7th of May 1918. He was demobilized on the 23rd Of November 1918, his discharge papers showing he had just been transferred to the bayer. Ersatz-Gebirgs-Masch. Gewehr-Kompanie-bayer. Armee-Korps in Immenstadt.

He was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class.

In the field

2.8.14 – 25.8.14

31.10.14 – 8.12.15

4.1.16 – 31.3.16

18.6.17 – 19.7.17

6.8. 17 – 16 feb 1918

Page 176 volume 2 MGK.