News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finally, a true set of Fayadeen Ranks?

Paul R

As we all know, many folks like to call Naval slides Fayadeen. I am sure that they were used by both branches... but what about these? Look at the stars. They are surrounded with a silver piping. I do not see a Naval officer with such tailor made slides... or could I be wrong? Anyway, I really like these. Opinions?

• 1 month later...

Paul,

I picked some similar up at the Naval technical College in Basrah.  Not picked out like those,  If I can find the stuff I liberated I will post it, since I viewed it as junk I swaped most of it directly after my return.

Paul,

I have had a day at home with man flu so I have been downstairs.  This is all I can find but I know I had/have a single board with the stars and red trim somewhere.  This is all I can lay my hands on at the moment and there is a flag and 9 helmets, this spans both Gulf wars and Telic 8.  I know I have more bits I just don't know where.  Sorry!

LOL.  I thought you were referring to actually picking out stitching from the slides.  I love the Merchant Mariner slides.  Very nice lot you have there.  Where did you find the merchant slides?  Which base?