Just got back from Kassel,

It was a great show, I managed to sell some items, which pleased the wife, found a few items for myself (although I wish I could have taken more!!), but most importantly was able to meet up and chat with a few other collectors, some for the first time, some once again.

Jani Tiainen, Uwe Bretzendorfer and Christian Lehrle shared a corner, Christian runs the Bene Merenti Auktions.

Adler 1 was also there ... and I probably spoke to a few more without knowing who was who and vice versa...

A nice show, but I did not see a fraction of it, even with a whole day of looking....

I wish I could have gone. I was there several years ago.

Unfortunately we couldn´t meet, because I will be there tomorrow. i hope you didn´t buy all nice items, that could be interested for me...

Maybe we can have a beer next year

Edited by The Prussian

As a matter of interest would the show be of any interest to a general world collector or is it all Imperial and Third Reich.

Paul

As a matter of interest would the show be of any interest to a general world collector or is it all Imperial and Third Reich.

Paul

Pros and cons Paul.

I landed in Germany last year in time to go to the show, I found it to be mostly functioning guns (roughly 60% guns/40% militaria) and a lot of 3rd Reich. Expensive entrance fee, I think it was 18 euros but don't quote me (I'm used to paying A$10 or around £2 when in UK) and overpriced stuff for sale. Some Brit dealers mainly selling German militaria and the odd Brodie with tank mask. Oh and anything with one of those nasty hooked crosses on it will be covered in stickers.

On the plus side it was good to see and handle some of the bits and pieces there but I was in and out in 90 minutes and had to go through an airport type security when a bouncer sort of bloke checked me over with one of those beep detector things but then I always get checked for drugs at the airport so perhaps it's just me.

If you're in the area at the time or a collector of German militaria then get along there. If you collect Brit/Commonwealth/French/US there's not much point. Oh I did see a 14/15 Star to the RA, it was 75 euros.

Tony

P.S.: some say I'm tight, I prefer to say I'm careful with my money :)

Thanks for you reply's, seems like OK if in the area but not worth me investing in a trip there.

Paul

Besides the show, in Kassel there are good opportunities to taste some very good beer and traditional food...

Best wishes,

Enzo (E.L.)

Edited by Elmar Lang

Jani Tiainen, Uwe Bretzendorfer and Christian Lehrle shared a corner, Christian runs the Bene Merenti Auktions.

It seems Christian Lehrle has really expanded his involvement as a dealer of militaria and awards.

His regular Bene Merenti Auctions have become increasingly popular over the past few years.

Also, he launched "Online Auctions" earlier this year in addition to having his regular saleroom auctions.

Christian Lehrle also entered the eBay marketplace earlier this year selling about 120 lots of militaria in the past 10 months under the user name "benemerenti."

One of the lots he featured last month on eBay was an interesting 11-place ribbon bar. The award precedence conforms more to an imperial period bar rather than a post 1934 bar.

Edited by garfordhouse