• 4 weeks later...

I´m searching also for the dates of life for Ulrich Ernst von Schlichting.

He was awarded with the PLM on 17.09.1866 as Hauptmann and Chef 9. Kompanie / Garde-Füsilierregiment / 1. Garde-Infanteriedivision / Garde-Korps / 2. Armee.

All I know is he was born in the year 1832 and died in the year 1868.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The next one where I can´t find any dates of life is Ludwig Eduard Ernst Freiherr von Quadt und Hüchtenbruck.

He was awarded with the PLM on 18.09.1866 as Hauptmann in the 2. Rheinisches Infanterieregiment Nr. 28 / 15. Infanteriedivision / Elb-Armee.

Hi Ingo,

41 years of age is certainly not old for a Prussian infantry captain. Typically, an officer would not be promoted to that rank before his early to mid thirties and then spend ten or eleven years in that rank before promotion to Major or often retirement in that rank at that point if further promotion was not recommended.

Regards

Glenn

Ingo,

To reinforce Glenn's point, he was promoted Hptm. on 31.05.1859 and became a company commander on 18.10.1860.  He was not yet 33 1/2 years old at the time he made captain.

Promoted Major on 25.09.1867, he assumed Batl. command on 15.10.1867.

Andy

• 2 months later...

The next one ss Franz Offermann. 

He was awarded with the PLM on 20.09.1866 as Premierlieutenant and Chef 8. Kompanie / 1. Posensches Infanterieregiment Nr. 18 / 10. Infanteriebrigade / 5. Infanteriedivision / 1. Armee.

I´m searching for his date of birth.

Offermann died of his wounds on 20.09.1870.

• 7 months later...

Many thanks !!

The next one, where I can´t find no dates, is August Louis Ferdinand Hensel.

He was awarded with the PLM on 20.09.1866 as Major and Bataillonskommandeur im 4. Thüringischen Infanterieregiment Nr. 72 / 16. Infanteriebrigade / 8. Infanteriedivision / 1. Armee

I´ve no infos about his dates of birth or death.

• 4 weeks later...

The next one, where I can´t find any dates of life, is Karl Heinrich Gustaf Arthur Hoffmann.

He was awarded with the PLM on 20.09.1866 as Sekondelieutenant in the Infanterieregiment Nr. 47 / 10. Infanteriedivision / V. Armeekorps / 2. Armee

Ingo,

As I was typing my response, Glenn posted the information first.  Do you have the date and place of birth for  Ewald Gallus from FAR 2 who received the PLM on 15.01.1867??  He died of wounds on 18.10.1871 as a Major in 3. FAB.

Andy

Edited by arb

• 4 months later...