News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New German Mission Medal (Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg)

For foreign Missions.

Service branches:

German Armed Forces
    German Armed Forces Reserve

German Federal Police

State Police Forces

Federal Agency for Technical Relief, THW

Established: 2014

Medal (Original Medals are not wearable) and Ribbon

All the Best

Matt

Thanks for showing the medal, I´ve read about it, but never seen good pictures! Typical Hamburg tradition to not award a full size medal for wear.

But it´s nice to see, that at least one german state does recognize the deeds of the different services! In my humble opinion it´s a shame, that there´s no service medal equivalent to the Einsatzmedaille der Bundeswehr for police etc. serving abroad!

Matt,

Thanks for posting this non portable award. Interesting that there is a ribbon to wearing indicating the recipient has this award. I don't know that I've ever seen that done before. Do you know what the requirements are for giving the award?

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Matt,

Thanks for posting this non portable award. Interesting that there is a ribbon to wearing indicating the recipient has this award. I don't know that I've ever seen that done before. Do you know what the requirements are for giving the award?

Regards,

Gordon

I´m not absolutely sure, but I think Hamburg citizens serving in a foreign mission are eligible.

Hello Guys,

you must not compelling a citizen of hamburg. But you must to serve in a Unit which are deployed in hamburg.

You Win the Medal for all types of foreign missions (disaster relief mission - monitoring mission- training mission -battle missions).

In my opinion is this the nicest mission medal in modern germany.

All the Best

Matt

Matt,

So you only have to take part in a foreign mission regardless for length of time? As a rule, these types of awards specify the awardee has spent a certain number of months with the mission, This is usually done to prevent someone, usually senior officers, from flying in one day and out the next to qualify for the medal.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...

Hello Gordon,
    the Hamburg Mission Medal is not a one day Mission Medal. (No German Mission Medals comes for one day tours) The Medal comes for special meritorious services in a foreign Mission.

For Example:
    Members of the Hamburg state Police and Bundeswehr win the Medal in combination with other Mission Medals (Bundeswehr Mission Medal, Nato, UN, EU etc.).

All the Best

Matt