News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Les gros frères

Laurence Strong

Perry Miniatures 28 mm French Cuirassier, I have depicted them riding the French horse Boulonnais of Flanders which enjoyed a great popularity in amongst European heavy cavalry. Napoleon purchased thousands of these horses for his cuirassiers. Napoleon would traveled in a vehicle drawn by six Boulonnais mares.

They are based on 40mm x 40mm bases for Black Powder rules.

The left flank. I was not sure how black horses and black tack would work, however I am happy with the out come. I ended up using Vallejo "German Grey" which is almost black as my base coat, followed by a medium dry brush of Vallejo "German Cam Black Brown". followed by a light dry brushing of black. I used gloss black for the tack as it's finish has a different appearance from matt paint and shows up better after it has been Dullcoted.

The right flank. Their first outing on the table saw them charged from the rear by a squadron of my opponent Cory's Hussars. They turned to face them and routed the Hussar's off the table...Uh-huh gotta love 9 attack die plus a D3 lol

Thanks for looking

Cheers
    Larry