News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Garibaldi and the Roman Republic

Hi,

Another request for help I am very interested in the Garibaldi's defence of the Roman Republic in 1849. It has been an ongoing interest over the last few years. I have examined a number of sources in both Italian and English in respect of the defence of Rome. But find that there are still some significant anomalies in the information I have in my possession.

I would like to ask the members if they have or know of any members have information on the specific Austrian Units involved,Neapolitan and Papal forces-particularly uniform details and most importantly of all the Spanish troops sent to quell the rebellion. They are mentioned in nearly every source but I have been unable to identify units, uniforms etc. I (think) that they didn't see any action but would dearly love any input on this subject.

In fact any information at all would be most welcome

Edited by stephen

• 2 months later...