News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well steps back in amazement I found out Mr Wilson amassed one of the world's largest collection of military headgear. I found some early images of troops wearing a more pronounced rim that aren't traditional 'square dip', and already knew very early Quist's have a sharp flare. 

I don't know where to go from here thanks for the help.

Eric

Edited by Hoss

I found some early images of troops wearing a more pronounced rim that aren't traditional 'square dip', and already knew very early Quist's have a sharp flare.

The ones you found...

Adler 1

• 2 months later...

Well

I put my rig on consignment all I'll say is everyone is entitled to an opinion and its been examined by gents with almost 40yrs experience. And no, it will probably not match many issue ones the helmet one day maybe the key,,, after I'm dead lol!

This ebay item is certainly a fake reminds me of ones I saw as a teenager a long time ago in a land far away.........

Eric

$_57 (1).JPG

$_57 (2).jpg

$_57 (3).jpg

$_57 (4).jpg

$_57 (5).jpg

$_57 (6).jpg

$_57 (7).jpg

$_57 (10).jpg

$_57 (9).jpg

$_57 (8).jpg

Oh what the hell...here are photos of yet another.  With the brown paint and web strap I have to assume it saw Austrian use.  You can see a shallow "bullet" ding on the lower right (as it faces you) and it's also apparent on the inside.  I've heard (about as reliable as "I saw it on the internet" I know) that this may have been intentionally done to test the piece before issuing. 

Brow1.jpg

Brow3.jpg

Brow2.jpg

Thanks for interacting gentlemen!

Jeff, is it marked on the left or the right side?

The one 120RIR shows looks indeed Austrian, are there any markings inside?

Adler 1

Edited by Adler 1