Printed Ribbon Bars

Hello chaps,

Would anyone be able to advise where I would be able to have a bespoke ribbon bar created, such as Perspex ones. I have a set of 7 medals, ranging from Uganda, France and Russia. I cannot find anyone that could create a bar as the ribbons are not available. Therefore a printed option is the only way forward I feel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks indeed, in advance,

John

Sounds like an interesting group, John.  Would you care to share it with the group?  Ideally, a photo and description of how you came by it.

I'm afraid I have no sources to suggest - the printed ribbons I'm familiar with are Russian or, in a very few cases, form the Middle East.  Perhaps a good printer could suggest a solution to your dilemna.   The other possibility, and it is just that, is the Orders and medals Society of America.  I was a member decades ago and believe that, then at least, they had a 'ribbon bank' to which members deposited hard to find medal ribbons.  Perhaps that still exists and might have what you need or be able to steer you to sources.  Megan, our medal maven, may also have suggestions.

I haven't seen you post before, so if you are a new member, welcome to our group!

Peter

Medal maven?

Yes, the OMSA has a ribbon bank (find details at http://www.omsa.org/), the OMRS also has one although it's mostly UK ribbons... they say if you are after foreign ones you need to write to Mr Alan McDonald, 5 Windsor Drive, Barnet, Hertfordshire EN4 8UE, England to see if they can supply what you want (their rather basic website is not noted for supplying useful e-mail addresses, alas).

It is also worth visiting a good tailor - Moss Bros. for example - to see if they can help.

Hello, and thanks for the greetings!

They are actually a friends, still serving by the way.

I know that there are printed versions available, under Perspex but am not sure where to source them from.

Many thanks for your help and advice, I look forward to joining in!

John