Hi all, does anyone recognise the medal on the ordenspange indicated?, it COULD be Wuerttemburg but not sure, it has an unusual suspension ring, any help appreciated, I recognise the rest, for interest it belonged to Johannes von Pezold

regards

Alex K

A very big thank you to you both for a speedy reply

best regards

Alex

That seems to be a very sharp and detailed portrait. Alex, would you mind to show the whole portrait? It seems you didn't by now, at least I couldn't find it anywhere on GMIC...

:whistle:

Edited by saschaw

Hi will do if I can find it now:(

edit, found it

Landesarchiv_Baden-Wuerttemberg_Hauptstaatsarchiv_Stuttgart_M_707_johannes von pezold.jpg

Edited by Alex K

Ah, that's one from the Landesarchiv. Thought it was yours and wanted to ask for a trade.

:P

On 09/09/2019 at 15:48, saschaw said:

Ah, that's one from the Landesarchiv. Thought it was yours and wanted to ask for a trade.

:P

Hey, Mr. Sasha! I want to ask you a question. I don't understand the two versions of the Baden Golden Medal. According to historical photos, there is no such German letter version. So, who is the German letter issued to? Royal staff? I know that the medals in the third photo were not officially released. I am sorry that there are no three groups of bars.

169802498_psb(2).jpg.a4fdd4c37dc4179b1857191e9366d02f.jpg

???

psb.png.70e26bf62acfc4e19eaa6f096e42ebc9.png

669135194_psb(4).jpg.696ddc731ba4a11bed2363d3f1a8cc0e.jpg

On 10/09/2019 at 11:08, 1812 Overture said:

Hey, Mr. Sasha! I want to ask you a question. I don't understand the two versions of the Baden Golden Medal.

These two medals are most confusing, and have always been. Even back then, in 1906 ff., there was much confusion, and you will often find them mounted on unfitting ribbons.

The medal with inscription on the avers, the Erinnerungsmedaille für 1906, is a jubilee medal, awarded on occurrence of the golden wedding jubilee of the grand duke. The medal without inscription, the Friedrich-Luisen-Medaille, was instituted in 1906 as well, but not as a jubilee medal but for caritative merits. This was awarded for several years, probably until the "Great War" started. Most went to nurses and doctors, but many as well to civil state servants and private persons that supported hospitals, orphanages and such by giving donations to them.

The Friedrich-Luisen-Medaille on the 4 place medal bar has the proper ribbon, but the Jubiläumsmedaille on the 3 place medal bar should be worn on the very same ribbon as the 1902 jubilee medal, that can bee seen on the second and third bar you show.

:wacky:

On 10/09/2019 at 10:46, 1812 Overture said:

This is not my picture

Anyway, thanks for sharing! That is a brilliant portrait of Otto Winterer (1846-1915) who was lord mayor (Oberbürgermeister) of the city of Freiburg im Breisgau from 1888 until 1913... it's funny to see how messy he wore his medal bar!

Edited by saschaw

On 21/09/2019 at 18:31, saschaw said:

...  the Jubiläumsmedaille on the 3 place medal bar should be worn on the very same ribbon as the 1902 jubilee medal ...

As to be seen here:

Schorlemer, Clemens Freiherr von Schnalle a.JPG

Schorlemer, Clemens Freiherr von Schnalle r.JPG

Schorlemer, Clemens Freiherr von.jpg

Schorlemer, Clemens Freiherr von detail.jpg