News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A beautiful Jäger photo

Here I have a nice Jäger photo.

Res.Jg.Btl.7

The bataillon joined the 29.bavarian Inf.Rgt. (Jäger-Regiment) in 1916 and became it´s II.Bataillon.

In Rumania they came to the 217.Inf.Div. (9th army); that´s why they wear the mountain trousers and shoes.

Note the Schaumburg-Lippe cocades.

Edited by The Prussian

Hi Chris!

The reverse was written sept. 7, 1917, and stamped sept. 11, 1917.

The Jäger and Reserve-Jäger units didn´t change their shoulder straps, when they became part of a regiment, only the bataillon-staff did!

So if you´ve got a photo with a 29 upon the shoulders, it might be the staff of the regiment or the staff of their bataillons.

Set-up august 6, 1916, the regiment only consisted of the staff and two bataillons (they had the 29)

August 13, 1916: Forming of three bataillons with two MGK each. The bataillons wore their own shoulder straps. (I. = b.Res.Jg.Btl.1 ; II. = IV./b.Res.Inf.Rgt.4 ; III. = III./Res.Inf.Rgt.79)

II. and III. left the regiment at october, 11, 1916 (II. > b.25.Inf.Rgt. ; III. > Res.Inf.Rgt.440)

october, 26, 1916: Reorganization of the regiment in Cobadinu (Bulgaria), since now it was also called  "Jäger-Regiment":

I. = b.Res.Jg.Btl. 1

II. = Res.Jg,.Btl.7

III. = Res.Jg.Btl.9

The I.Btl. (b.Jg.Btl.1) left the regiment at august 3, 1918; it was replaced by the Sturm-Bataillon 10

The official name (by bavarian ministry of war) was: 29.Inf.Rgt. (Jg.Rgt.)

The regiment served under several divisons in the eastern theatre. The most interesting campaign might be the action, called "Kaukasus-Expedition" (29.7.18-31.10.18)

Edited by The Prussian

The Jäger and Reserve-Jäger units didn´t change their shoulder straps, when they became part of a regiment, only the bataillon-staff did!

Hi Andreas,

Is this information in the unit history? I'm curious as to where it comes from. Are you saying this was a universal practice when the Jäger Regiments were being formed, or just that it happened in this regiment?

Thanks,

Chip