News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Andreas,

that is Oberst-Lieutenant Leopold Eckert of the Stab des Ingenieur-Corps around 1885. Retired as a char. Generalmajor in 1889,

Regards

Glenn

Prussian Garde officer with:

Iron Cross 2nd class

Rother Adler Orden 4th class

Crown Order 3rd class

Dienstauszeichungskreuz

Kriegsdenkmünze 1870 / 71

Erinnerungskreuz for 1866

Phillipsorden ?

Zähringer Löwenorden

?

Hello!

Maybe someone can tell me something about these two officers, please?

unbekannt (zwei bayer. Offiziere, Orden).JPG

Hello:

Congratulations regarding this nice photo.  These are Bavarian Officers and the photo was taken between approximately between 1932 and 1934 in my estimation.  The Officer on the left is wearing the 1929 award for the commemoration of the 60th birthday of Kronprinzen Rupprecht.  The Officer on the right is wearing what appears to be the 1932 Jubilee medal of the 2nd Chevaulegers-Regiment "Taxis".  Neither Officer is wearing the "Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges".

Best regards,

Hello:

Congratulations regarding this nice photo.  These are Bavarian Officers and the photo was taken between approximately between 1932 and 1934 in my estimation.  The Officer on the left is wearing the 1929 award for the commemoration of the 60th birthday of Kronprinzen Rupprecht.  The Officer on the right is wearing what appears to be the 1932 Jubilee medal of the 2nd Chevaulegers-Regiment "Taxis".  Neither Officer is wearing the "Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges".

Best regards,

Hello Schiaßplatzmeister!

Thank you very much for your help! I agree with the date of the photo.Unfortunately I can´t tecognize the ranks. It´s staff officer.

The bavarian ranklist of 1918 shows the following staff-officer for the 2nd Chev.Rgt.:

Major Kurt Freiherr v. Lepel

Medals: Militär-Verdienst-Orden 4.Kl. with swords

He left the army as Lt.Col.

Maybe that´s a match?

Edited by The Prussian

• 2 months later...
    On 17.2.2015, 12:05:47, dedehansen said:

Hi Gents,

I would like to share some photos from my collection.

I couldn´t identify them. Maybe someone is able to 

find out who it is. Every help appreciated.

This photo is signed with Graf von R. on the back.

I think he is a major from the Ulanen and he is at least wearing BMVO 2 and breaststar from RAO

post-12136-0-72079000-1424171007.jpg

Regards

Andreas

Hi Gents,

is it possible that this guy is Major Graf von Bothmer?

Kind regards

Andreas

35 minutes ago, Schießplatzmeister said:

Hello:

I do not think that this is Felix Graf von Bothmer.

Best regards,

Thanks Schießplatzmeister,

I´ve tried to decipher the signature on the reverse, I believe it could be Graf Roedern.

Regards

Andreas

35 minutes ago, Schießplatzmeister said:

Here is another one, on the back I read Schubaerti and Februar 1880

Schubaerti.thumb.jpg.87c2d697e3fe73a8d74

Regards
    Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎04‎:‎35‎, dedehansen said:

Hi Gents,

is it possible that this guy is Major Graf von Bothmer?

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas:

Eureka!  It took a little bit of digging to find this Officer.  He is NOT Bavarian, but is Prussian!  He is Garde=Kavallerie=Division., 1. Garde=Kavallerie=Brigade., Kom.: Gen. Maj. Gr. v. Roedern.  I found him in my 1912 Rangliste der K.P. Armee.  He was the recipient of many high awards, but here is only wearing his minimalist front for everyday duty.

MfG,

On 9.11.2015, 22:12:36, Schießplatzmeister said:

Hello Andreas:

Eureka!  It took a little bit of digging to find this Officer.  He is NOT Bavarian, but is Prussian!  He is Garde=Kavallerie=Division., 1. Garde=Kavallerie=Brigade., Kom.: Gen. Maj. Gr. v. Roedern.  I found him in my 1912 Rangliste der K.P. Armee.  He was the recipient of many high awards, but here is only wearing his minimalist front for everyday duty.

MfG,

Thanks SPM,

now I know, why I couldn´t find him.

I was looking for a Major in a Ulanenregiment.

Kind regards
    Andreas

13 hours ago, ccj said:

Nice and I am not arguing the ID. He isnt wearing a guards unifor and his straps don't look like general major straps but could be wrong.

it's a wonderful photo  

Hello ccj:

You bring up a good point.  I was wondering the same thing myself!  I know very little about uniforms, but it did not look like a Generalmajor uniform to me either.  I also couldn't find the MVO award in my 1914-1918 listing of awards to any Graf von Roedern.  There were a few other von Roedern Officers listed in my 1912 Ranglist:

Infanterie=Regiment Keith, (1. Oberschlesisches) Nr. 22, Hptm. Gr. v. Roedern

Ulanen=Regiment Prinz August von Württemberg (Posensches) Nr. 10, Rittm. Gr. v. Roedern

Garde=Kürassier=Regiment, Berlin, Oblt. Gr. v. Roedern

1. Garde=Feldartillerie=Regiment, Berlin, Oblt. Gr. v. Roedern (Konstantin)

1. Garde=Feldartiller=Regiment, Berlin, Oblt. Gr. v. Roedern (Max=Erdmann)

Uhlanen=Regiment Kaiser Alexander III. von Rußland, (Westpreußiches) Nr. 1., Oblt. Gr. v. Roedern (Brieg)

So, perhaps, he is one of these Officers? The mystery continues!

Best regards,

• 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...
    On 27.2.2015 at 19:48, dedehansen said:

Major with:

Rother Adler Orden 4

Dienstauszeichnungskreuz

Centenarmedaille

Luxemburg Ritterkreuz des Ordens Adolf von Nassau

K jpg226.jpg

I read 30 on his Epauletten, this should be Infanterie - Regiment Graf Werder No. 30,

maybe this could help identifying him?!

Regards
    Andreas

42 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

I read 30 on his Epauletten, this should be Infanterie - Regiment Graf Werder No. 30,

maybe this could help identifying him?!

Regards
    Andreas

Hello Andreas:

Yes it must be IR Graf Werder No. 30 as the photo was taken in Saarlouis.  I do not see a recipient with the Adolph of Nassau RK with Swords listed in the 1902 Rangliste, nor the 1911 Rangeliste.  The photo is obviously after 1897, so he might be listed in any of the 1903-1910 Preußischen Armee Ranglisten, I don't have these in my library however.

Best regards,

• 4 years later...
    On 11/11/2015 at 20:16, Glenn J said:

Gentlemen,

as this is Oberst (General) Bolko Graf v. Roedern, I think we can rule him out.

Regards

Glenn

roedern bolko graf.jpg

Hello, Glenn! Was Bolko Ludwig Erdmann Melchior Julius Nikolaus Graf von Roedern (1852--1931) at last Generalmajor or even higher? He commanded the 22. Kavallerie-Brigade 1910/11.

Impressive Claudio. You can congratulate your brother for his work. Thanks for sharing it with us. Like you  know I am a Saxon collector, does your brother can make a paint of a Saxon general  ?

Christophe

13 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Impressive Claudio. You can congratulate your brother for his work. Thanks for sharing it with us. Like you  know I am a Saxon collector, does your brother can make a paint of a Saxon general  ?

Christophe

Hi Christophe!

thanks for you kind words... on behalf of my brother I can tell you that these comments are really very much appreciated.

Do you have any interesting or a favourite photograph of a Saxon General with full regalia that you want to share? Maybe I can convince my brother to make a portrait of him.

ciao,

Claudio

I forgot to mention that my brother already portrayed a Saxon high officer who later became General and during WW1 Saxon minister of war.

Here it is:

B3D20985-81A5-4C9A-82FD-35CCFBA61902.jpeg.3c84536834d776f1e06e2412043fb615.jpeg

Edited by Claudio