I purchased these badges in London some times ago and I'd like to know if they are correct WWII periode badges please: 

1 - RAF Badge

2 - RAOC

3 - Tyneside Irish 

4 - R.E.M.E. Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

5 - Royal Pioneer Corps

6 - 8th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment PWO

7 - Carnavonshire Volunteer Regiment

8 - RASC

9 - Army Cyclist Corps

10 - South Staffordshire Regiment

11 - RAMC

12 - RAMC

13 - RAOC

14 - Army Catering Corps

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo.   Yes, they all appear to be OK and of the WW2 period.  They would have been either side of the War.  The Army

Cyclist Corps is a nice one to have , also the Carnarvonshire Volunteer Regiment.  This last appears to have an Edward 7th

Crown, so may be for the 1st WW. - on the other hand they may just have retained the earlier Crown from when they were formed.

I am sure one of our members will be able to confirm this ?  These are fairly standard badges from that period - and mostly made

in large numbers   -  so don't expect great values.  However, they are representitive of a lot of units who fought in WW2.   Mervyn

Odulf  -  I can see your concern with the slider  -  perhaps it was converted from loops ?  Was there anything else ?   Mervyn

I'm a bit rusty on bages, and I don't have my books to hand, but the Cyclist Corps and Tyneside Irish are definitely WW1 period as, I think is the Carenarvonshire Volunteers. The Tyneside badge looks very shiny and new, and, despite the maker's mark, could well be a modern copy. Original Tyneside Irish badges are hard to find and not cheap, so if this one you've struck lucky.. The REME badge is post WW2 I think. The crown was the same for all monarchs after Victoria and before Elizabeth II.

Patrick

I was given a Tyneside Irish badge, which turned out to be a modern copy.  I was told, on this forum as I remember it, that the Tyneside Irish badge was never worn on a cap, so a slider is wrong.  They were worn as collar badges with a Northumberland Fusiliers cap badge.

Brett

The Tyneside Irish badge was lugged as it was part of the shoulder title.  It was worn unofficially as a collar as portrait photos of this practice can be found.  It was not a cap badge so the slider is wrong.

Hi Ricardo, The REME badge is from 1947 to 1953. The WWII version has a laurel leaves with 4 shields and a caliper in the center with a crown on top of all. Each shield has one letter R E M E. Al the best

On 27/12/2015 at 23:51, dan.rceme said:

Hi Ricardo, The REME badge is from 1947 to 1953. The WWII version has a laurel leaves with 4 shields and a caliper in the center with a crown on top of all. Each shield has one letter R E M E. Al the best

Thank you Dan.:)