Magician

The Commemorative Medal for the 50th Anniversary of Defence or Tyrol of 1909

I really need some help with this medal:

The Commemorative Medal for the 50th Anniversary of Defence or Tyrol of 1909 /// Tiroler Landesverteidigungs - Jubiläumsmedaille 1859 - 1909

The size and weight is according to literature. I don't know is it from silver or any other metal, the detailed surface shape of the medal looks like it was molded ?!

It also has a mark - punze on rim, which I can not read clearly. First letter is C ....

I don't know maybe it's a mark COPY ??? Shape of the mark is just like for silver marks (dog head) but it doesn't looks like.

Does anyone has this medal in his private collection?

Any has a picture how the mark COPY looks like.

I don't know if this medal which I have is a original or a copy.

Please help.

Or copy for veterans, but surely produced after 1922

...you can see that there were three letters - and they look like "CFR"... :) in this forum you can find a thread about hallmarks on austro-hungarian medals and orders, there is everything written :)

Hi Magician,

Unfortunately it´s copy like “Iver†has written. This medal is made of silver, diameter of 31,9 mm (with suspension 37,4mm) and weight of 18,9g. The only hallmark is on the rim and it´s “A†in circle (hallmark for silver of HMA Vienna). Looking at the pictures it seems to be a cast in my opinion.

Regards,

tifes

As original, this medal is to be considered as rare and its price is still fortunately lower than its actual rarity.

As said, this medal should be struck with the "A" mark on the rim only.

The piece here discussed, is a copy, most possibly a cast one, due to the rough surface.

Best wishes,

E.L.